1. Independent Garment Analysis Service. This service is for drycleaners, insurance companies, lawyers, restoration firms, manufacturers and consumers.
In many cases the service is used to settle disputes. The analysis that is performed uses different methods to test the fibers and fabrics for garment deterioration and serviceability of the garment. There are also approved tests for such things as odor and smoke damage and those guidelines are followed. This analysis service is unique because it does not have any affiliation with any organization. The service has good relationships with Tommy Hilfiger, Jones NY, Nautica, Liz Claiborne and provides a letter to the inquiring client and personal telephone contact if necessary. America’s Best Cleaners have chosen this laboratory for their members. Lawyers and insurance companies utilize the service for their clients and professional testimony. Manuals below are available from Dan Eisen directly. Please contact him at email@example.com.
2. The Art of Spotting is a 234 page manual that provides detailed compilation of the latest spotting methods, stain identification and chemicals needed for stain removal. Included in the manual are detailed instructions on handling all the common fabrics including sections on acceptance for cleaning, problems, drycleaning and finishing. A special section details the aspect of bleaching which is necessary for the advanced spotter.This manual is for use of the drycleaner, spotter, and all people entering the drycleaning business. $109
3. The Art of Wetcleaning is a manual outlining the chemicals and equipment necessary for wetcleaning all fabrics. There is a special section on the technology and science of drying. The chemicals outlined gives in detail how wools can be wetcleaned without shrinkage and silks without fading. The chemicals for pre-spotting and wetcleaning are given in detail. This manual will teach how to restore wedding gowns and make fabrics whiter by using proper bleaching methods. This manual is for use of the drycleaner, spotter, and all people entering and advancing themselves in the drycleaning business. $95
4. Garment Analysis and Problem Solving is a manual devoted to the experienced drycleaner and spotter. These methods were developed in the analysis laboratory to protect drycleaners from paying out garment claims. The spotter who uses these methods should have a thorough knowledge of fabrics and chemicals. $35
5. The Portable Spectralight is a manual that is sold along with the portable Spectralight. This gives you a perspective on stains, fabric damages and trimmings. Examination under ultra violet light will show great differences from using regular light. Some stains and fabric damages will darken under ultra violet light while in some cases they will glow. Using the detailed charts which are in the manual the user will be able to identify stains and fabric damages before cleaning. The drycleaning customer will be more confident in the drycleaners expertise and professionalism by using this manual. $79.95
6. Spot & Stain Removal Guide for the Homemaker is a professional approach to the emergency removal of over 60 stains with the homemaker in mind. These methods of stain removal should take no more than a few minutes. It deals with the theory of stain removal and the safety of the fabric in mind. The chemicals that are used for the stain removal range from simple home products which can be obtained in the supermarket or drug store, to professional products that are available on this site. $18
7. Consultation Services. Consultations are ideal for people entering the drycleaning and the wetcleaning business. Professional drycleaners, spotters, counter help, pressers, people in management, owners and potential owners, manufacturers, trade associations, lawyers, insurance companies, hotel laundry and drycleaning staff also can benefit greatly.
a. For people entering the drycleaning industry, topics deal with how to pick a location, how to hire a spotter and other staff, how to pick necessary equipment, pricing, chemicals for the spotting board, hours of operation of equipment, and how to run and manage the business. It is recommended that school courses be given to management and staff.
b. For people in the industry the subject matter deals with how to handle problem garments, updates on new spotting and finishing methods, updates on new chemicals and techniques to handle the latest problem fabrics, how to do proper staffing, how to oversee staff so that the quality is the best, and how to handle and deal with the processing of high end and couture garments.
c. Manufacturers are most concerned with Garment testing and proper labeling to avoid garment claims and returns by customers and drycleaners and full testing of serviceability.
d. Trade Associations find that school courses and seminars on spotting, pressing, management, fabric problems and industry concerns are most beneficial. These courses and seminars provide an excellent foundation for the articles for their newsletters, panel discussions and liaisons between the members and manufacturers.
e. Lawyers have a need for analysis of garments and items. Thorough research provides information on the Flammability of Fabrics. These Testing Services are recognized in the court system for use in depositions, testimony in court and before arbitrators.
f. Insurance Companies use testing for alleged complaints by clients on smoke odor, shrinkage and color loss. Full written reports and consultation and advice on how to remove the odor and damage if possible are available for a fee as is testimony in court.
g. Museum Curators need to test fragile and delicate objects of art and sculpture. Advice on how to clean and check on mildew when fabrics have been exposed to heavy water and humidity from lack of air conditioning and hurricanes is critical in restoration and preservation.
8. Guest Speaker Services. Fees can be arranged for trade associations, organizations, manufacturers and others who require a spokesperson on latest industry happenings, new spotting techniques, chemicals, problem fabrics and product development.